Pay Per Click Advertisement
Pay per click advertisement is the popular form of online advertising that essentially buys visits or traffic to your website. Rather than paying for the advertise up front, as you might with a billboard or print advertising, you pay only when any user clicks on your ads.
Pay Per Click ads can show up on social media platforms, web pages, search engines, and apps, and they typically take similar forms as the contents around them. For example:
• Paid search Ad look like typical search results (URL, web page title, and the description below). The main difference is that they show up on the bottom and top of the first page of search engine results (Eg. Google) when a designated keyword is searched.
• Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter ads appear in a users feed in the same format as the organic posts, but are marked with “Promoted” or “Sponsored”.
• Display ads fit into a designated spot on the web page and may stand out with a business’s brand design, or take a “native” form for it to create a continuously view for users.
PPC Advertising on the Search Engines
Pay Per Click advertising on the search engines is also known as search engine marketing or paid search advertising. Companies who are looking to advertise using Pay Per Click ad bid for ad placement. For instance, Google AdWords – the most popular Pay Per Click platform – allows companies to bid on the keywords so that when that keyword is searched, their Ads will show in front of that users.
Pay Per Click Bidding
In the small business, you may wary of this due to high competition from mega brands with very deep pockets. The good news is, Google and the other platforms have taken this factor into account which is why advertise placement is not solely won on monetary bid alone. The two factors are considered when pulling in the winning advertisement:
• Quality Score – the relevancy of the Ads
• CPC (Cost Per Click) Bid – The amount that the advertiser is willing to spend
Pay Per Click Quality Score
PPC means that even if you have a lowest monetary bid on the keyword you can still win the ad space if your quality score is in fair standing. The quality score is determined by four main components:
• Ad relevancy – how good your ads are communicating the significance of the keywords
• Click-through rate – how often your ads are clicked on vs. how often ads are viewed
• Ads extensions – providing potential site visitors with some more channels to connect with their goals (phone number, your address, link to a product review page, link to download your app, etc.)
• Landing page relevancy – how happy visitors are once they reach your landing page (determine by the length of bounce rate, stay, etc)
Pay Per Click Advertising on Social Media
While Google AdWords in the most popular Pay Per Click modality, it is certainly not only the single way to reach the audience. Social media platforms like Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram offer tremendous Pay Per Click advertising opportunities.
PPC Advertising on Instagram
Instagram and Facebook have very similar platforms when it comes to Pay Per Click advertising (Facebook owns Instagram). you can even set up advertising to run on both the platforms without leaving FB. It is a bit different from FB, however, in that it is predominantly utilized via devices. There are no any other options for right-column or banner ads.
Instagram offers you some options to advertise via:
• Photo ad – photo ads appears in any user’s feed as the sponsored post, usually clickable
• Video ad – It is same as photo ad but in the video format which can be more effective in the grabbing a user’s attention and holding it for longer as videos may be up to 60 sec long.
• Carousel ad– choose some several photos that the user scroll through to tell a story in the single ad
• Stories ad – pop up ad, up to 20 secs long, in between people’s story
The costs associated with this type of advertising are not necessarily on a Pay Per Click basis but rather a cost per impression(CPM) basis where you can pay each time your ads are displayed up to the preset dollar amount.
There does seem to be quite a bit to learn when it comes to PPC advertising, but it’s worth it to get a handle on everything the online ads option can offer. Choose just one type of Pay Per Click advertising and take your time putting together a marketing plan and analyzing the result. Once you’ve gotten your feet wet it will be a cinch to the broaden your Pay Per Click horizons.
Facebook Pay Per Click
It uses a method similar to Google when determining which ad their users will see.
• Ads quality and relevancy
• Advertiser bids
• Estimated action rate
FB is able to target their ad to possible interested parties with impressive accuracy by tracking the user’s previous actions. Do you ever notice that once you click on any ad then you see the similar ad in your feed? That’s because FB took your historical activities and use them to help advertisers boost their conversion rates.
Facebook Ads Placement Option
FB advertising offers multiple options regarding where your ads will show up on a user’s interface. Choose from right column, group ads, feed ads, instant articles or in-stream video.
Examples of what your FB ad would look like in each location:
Feed Ad:- This particular ad reached 4.3 M people … yes, 4.3 million.
In-stream Video:- In-stream video ads shows up, much like the commercial. For 10-16 seecs mid-roll in another publisher’s or digital first creator’s content. The target is audience-based so 2 people watching the same video may not see the same ad.
Group/ Right Column Ad:- It is a good example of an ad that pops up in the particular group. Group ads also appear in a right column, the ad shows up in this particular group due to group page.