Search Engine Marketing
Search Engine Marketing is the process of gaining visibility and traffic from search engines through both paid and unpaid ways. Now, the industry has adopted the SEM acronym to refer solely to paid search. The paid SEM efforts usually take shape of CPC (cost-per-click) ads and PPC (pay-per-click).
SEM is a type of internet marketing associated with the submitting, positioning and researching of a website within search engines to achieve high visibility and increase your share of organic and paid traffic referrals from the search engines.
The Marketing departments are the primary beneficiaries of Search engine marketing. By paying for some certain keyword terms, they can drive inbound traffic to the websites. Search Engine Marketing helps boost traffic by making services and products display more prominently given paid advertising. While the website browsers may benefit from Search Engine Marketing by having services and products more easily brought to their attention, they also have to be on guard against the website activity that is artificial or doesn’t address their needs.
What is SEM?
Search engine marketing involves things such as keyword research, search engine optimization, paid listings, competitive analysis, and other search engine services that will increase search traffic to your website.
CPC has two types of components: Your actual price and your bid.
1. Cost Per Click price is the amount of money you are paying as a result of the advertisement auction.
2. Cost per click bid is amount of money you are willing to pay if someone actually clicks on your ads.
Marketers use a mix of different organic and paid search marketing techniques to drive traffic to their website.
- Search ads (Bing Ads, AdWords)
- Mobile Ads
- Banner ads & Display ads
- Shopping ads or Product Listing ads
- Inside-App ads
- Social Media ads (Pinterest, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram)
- Retargeting & Remarketing
How Does it Work?
With Search engine marketing, you pay to have your ad and on the top of search engine results.
When designing a Search engine marketing campaign, the first step is to decide on a monthly budget. You’ll want to base this off of your geography, industry, and number of services and products to advertise for. Your budget will affect how much money you are able to set throughout a month on Pay Per Click ads.
The Campaigns are broken out into ad groups, which house both keyphrases and ads. This allows your campaign to focus ad copy specifically on the keyphrases a consumer is keywords, searching. Keyphrases or are simply the phrases or words that users type into search boxes in the search engines.
When a user in searches for the keyphrases or keywords that you chose, your ad enters an immediate online auction.
Your ad is displayed when it matches bid and relevant criteria, so you want to make sure that you have an appropriate budget option, and that you are bidding on key phrases relevant to your services or products (such as those indicated on your landing page or website). You are not charged when your ad is displayed on the search engine, but rather when anyone clicks on your ad to take any further action.
Search Engine Marketing Benefits:-
- Conversions:- people who see your Pay Per Click ads are those most likely to want to buy your service or products. Pay Per Click ads require you to choose a location and specific search queries to target. As a result, you can be definitely sure that someone who clicks on your ads is not arbitrarily surfing the web, but rather, is looking for your service or product and in a position to do so. Keep in mind that if you’re going to be driving high traffic to your business website, you should make sure that it is optimized for conversions. The best business website is not just one that attracts visitors but gets them to covert and stay.
Results:- You may be thinking, why pay to show up in the search engines and have people click on your website pages? Can’t you just improve your website’s Search engine optimization and get organic clicks and online visibility for free? The answer is that the organic search isn’t actually free. Search engine optimization strategies are very beneficial to your business, but Search engine optimization takes time to take effect, (up to 5 months) and the tactics involve a lot of work toward producing good quality content. With pay-per-click or Search engine marketing advertising, you see results right away, in the form of your business name on page one of a search.
- Rank:- There is very limited real estate for the top positions in the organic search results. With a large amount of content on the web today and the number of high competitors you have, it can be very hard to get in the top position, even despite your good efforts. If you’re running a new business or an existing one trying to build your online presence, pay per click or search engine marketing advertising can get you in front of highly targeted customers.
Cost of Search Engine Marketing
You can control the cost of SEM and pay nothing for your advertisement to simply appear on a search engine. You are charged only if anyone clicks on your ads. only up to the amount that you already agreed to for that click. That’s why Search Engine Marketing is also known as PPC(pay per click) because you only get charged for each click that your ads will generate. No click is equaled to No charge.
With Bing Ads, your accounts are free to set up and the billing is flexible. You choose between a postpay option or prepay option, as well as different payment methods. Take your time to set up your campaigns very cleanely. Activate your account and ad only when you’re ready, and you can also pause campaigns at any time. Remember the thing, that you’re not billed until someone clicks your ad.
You can control costs even further with strategies in bidding and targeting.